Forgot your password?
Newsletter GroupJ-Rock/Visual Kei
“Last night, I dreamt I went to Manderly again.”
REBECCA's haunting opening line conjures the entirety of Alfred Hitchcock’s romantic, suspenseful, elegant film. REBECCA was indeed a Hitchcock masterpiece:
• REBECCA was the first collaboration between producer David O. Selznick (who, at the time, was also working on Gone With The Wind) and the legendary Alfred Hitchcock.
• REBECCA was adapted from Daphne du Maurier’s then best-selling, and now classic novel.
• Entertainment Weekly proclaims, “ REBECCA is a hybrid of Hitchcockian tension and Selznickian sumptuousness – you’d be hard-pressed to find a more beautiful black-and-white film. – Grade A.”
• Composed by the great Franz Waxman, REBECCA remained the composer’s favourite of his film scores throughout his life.
• The film was also nominated for Best Director, Actor, Actress, Supporting Actress, Film Editing, Screenplay, Art Direction, Special Effects and Cinematography.
• New 20-bit digital recording sheds new light on the richly detailed orchestration and brings back to glorious life a genuine 20th Century musical masterpiece. It’s ravishing, sumptuously romantic, mysterious and haunting music that truly ranks among the greatest film scores ever composed.
Score was nominated for an Academy Award (Oscar).
Recorded in co-operation with the composer's family.
New 20-bit digital recording made using the original scores and parts from the Selznick archives.
Music composed by Franz Waxman performed by Royal Scottish National Orchestra conducted by Joel McNeely
This Product was added to our catalogue on Thursday, 01. April 2004.